It’s simple to move your vital info saved in Google applications, whether you require transferring data into the account or transferring data out of the Google account. At times there’s a need to share data, like Contact Groups or Contacts, with another account.
Perhaps you require sharing a vital contact group with a friend or colleague, or maybe you desire to transfer the contacts from a personal Google account to the work Google Applications account. Whatever the situation, it’s easy to import and/or export all or a few of your Gmail contacts.
Export Gmail Contacts:
This guide will teach you to download a file copy of all of your Google contacts so that you can append the contacts to some other email service. You will have to utilize the Gmail Contacts site on a system to do so.
Open The Google Contacts Website:
Go to Contacts App using your favorite browser. It’ll open the default Google contacts if you are already logged into a Google account. You can’t export your contacts from within your Gmail account itself. If you are not already logged in, type in the email address & password before you move on.
You can locate this option on the left sidebar of the page. Click on it, and a drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
You can locate this option after clicking on the More button. After clicking on the option, a pop-up window will open.
Check The “All Contacts” Box:
This option will already be selected in the opened pop-up window.
Select An Export Format:
In the same opened window, you can select the export format for exporting the contacts. There are three export formats available:
- Outlook CSV Format: Choose this option if you desire to append your contacts to Yahoo, Outlook, or some other email service.
- Google CSV Format: Choose this option if you desire to add your contacts to some other Google account.
- vCard Format: Choose this option if you desire to append your contacts to iOS Mail.
After clicking on the Export button will prompt your contacts file to download to the system. You have exported the Google contacts successfully. You may need to confirm the download or choose a location for it.
Import Gmail Contacts:
The following are a few simple for importing Google account Contacts from a CSV file:
- First, log into your Google account.
- In the left sidebar, click on Mail > Contacts to show the Contact Manager, replacing the message list. If you want to open the Contact Manager in a new tab, simply click on the Google applications grid > Contacts.
- On the left sidebar, click on More > Import > Choose File > Go to the folder where you have already saved the .csv file when carrying out the steps to export Google contacts from another account.
- Choose the File > Click Open > Click Import.
- After the import is finished, a contact group named Imported will be created.